Ashley River Tower
Located at 25 Courtenay Drive on the beautiful Charleston Peninsula, the Ashley River Tower (ART) facility continues MUSC's long history of providing excellent patient care. Specializing in Digestive Health, Heart & Vascular Care, and cancer care, this facility offers not only the latest technologies and world renowned physicians, but also provides a convenient hospital with a hotel-like atmosphere.
Where Patients Come First
The MUSC Ashley River Tower, which first opened in 2008, reflects MUSC's commitment to its patients and their families. Amenities include private rooms as well as concierge service, valet parking, dedicated family lounges, wireless capabilities, retail shops and convenient dining. This new hospital combines the convenience of a four-story diagnostic and treatment center with a seven-story patient hospitality tower. Within this facility, MUSC specifically addresses the increased incidence of digestive disease, cardiovascular disease and cancer among the growing patient population in South Carolina and the region.
Changing What's Possible
Ashley River Tower offers convenient patient care. This state-of-the-art building features 156 beds, including an intensive care unit, operating rooms, laboratories, interventional radiology and endoscopy suites, and a specialized chest pain center. The hospital is designed to accommodate the most modern medical equipment available, as well as to offer patients and their families the highest quality of care in a setting that rivals the comfort and style of a fine hotel.
Parking and Visiting Hours
- Valet parking is available at the front entrance of Ashley River Tower, or you can park in our multi-level garage located behind the building (via Charleston Center Drive).
- Visiting hours are from 9:00 AM to 9:00 PM. Please limit the number of visitors in a room at any one time to two people.
- Concierge service is available to all visitors on each of our patient floors, as well as in our front lobby and entrance from the parking garage. Please visit any of these information desks for any questions you may have.
- The ART gift shop, conveniently located on the upper lobby level, offers drinks, candy, gifts, balloons, books and more. For your added convenience, the gift shop accepts cash, personal checks (with identification), Visa and Mastercard.
- The ART cafeteria, located on the main lobby level, is open from 6:30am to 7:00pm, seven days a week, offering a wide variety of hot and cold dishes.
- Patients staying in the Ashley River Tower may use the At Your Request® room service. Call 876-7265 any time from 7:00am to 6:30pm to order food from the cafeteria. The meal is delivered to your room within 45 minutes.
- Subway®, located inside the main cafeteria, builds every sandwich according to your individual order. Subway focuses on how their sandwiches are made from freshly baked bread and fresh ingredients in front of customers to their exact specifications.
- A Starbucks® is also located outside near the front entrance of the Ashley River Tower. Starbucks offers exquisite coffee and espresso drinks along with a nice assortment of pastries and desserts.
- Scheduling (General G.I.)
- Scheduling (G.I. Surgery)
- Scheduling (G.I. Pediatrics)
- Nurses Station (G.I. Clinic)
- Nurses Station (General G.I.)
- Nurses Station (Therapeutic G.I.)
- Nurses Station (G.I. Surgery)
- Nurses Station (Inpatient/Recovery)
(843) 876-7760 or -7765
- Nurses Station (ICU)
- MUSC Operator